Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not Much Going On

Hello everyone! I haven't much going on lately. My husband and I were invited to a birthday party tonight. We just got back about 1/2 hour ago. Anyhow, this was a chance to make a wire-wrap piece (which I didn't take a picture of :( because I was in a hurry to get it done and out of the house). It was a pendant made of amazonite (I love the light blue of it) and autumn jasper 6 mm rounds. Our friend has an allergy to nickel alloy and I made the pendant out of Zebra wire in natural copper finish. I think the copper really makes the blues and greens stand out. The amazonite is about a 12mm x 16mm bead surrounded by the autumn jasper rounds. It turned out really pretty. I made a double strand, black leather necklace with a copper closure for it to hang on. Earrings to match, of course, with handmade wires. I hope she liked it. I did. I'll have to post some of my wire wrap inspirational pieces. Actually, these are my practice pieces that no one should really see. They aren't too bad. This would give you an idea of what today's pendant looked like.

I have a show coming up in December before the Christmas holiday. I'll be making some new items for that show. This will be my first one outside of my home. It should be pretty exciting and fun to meet new people. The only bad thing is the economy is not too healthy here. I'm going to make a few organic wire-wrap pieces in copper and see how that goes. I've never seen anyone wearing wire-wrap pieces in my area. Wish me luck!

That's all for now. Take care, all of you.

Michelle

No comments: