Monday, October 20, 2008

First Day of Posting

Hello, everyone! Thank you for stopping by. Jewelry making has become one of my most favorite hobbies within the past year. I have become so addicted to the process that my husband thinks I am a bit crazy. Luckily, he lets me pursue my passions, so I can't complain.

Let me tell you how I got started into this hobby...
I am sick and tired of going to the store to look for complementary costume jewelry for my outfits. Needless to say, I don't buy much because it is so expensive. A lot of it is ugly. (my opinion only! LOL) I decided to buy some beads and stuff at the local discount store to make what I wanted. So I got online and looked to see what I needed and how to make what I wanted. OK. Got info, went shopping, spent a couple of bucks (including a cheap set of pliers), went home, made a bracelet and earrings. I wore it to work and a co-worker really surprised me by asking where I got it. So I told her I made it. (Shocked look on her face!) She asked if I could make the exact same thing for a present for a family member. (Shocked look on my face!) I said 'Sure'. She said 'Go for it.' And, that was that. I never thought it would turn into an addiction, but it did. Like any other female, I like shiny things and shopping. This satisfies both of those requirements and it makes me very happy. It also makes me happy to make jewelry and give it as presents for someone who has been nice to me. Not to mention, it's a great marketing tool.

I am still at the hobby level because I don't have much time to market my jewelry. I hope to, someday, make this hobby into an income-generating tool. Although, it will mostly be so I can buy more shiny beads and stuff, but the other motive is to help my husband retire when he wants to. (in a couple of years) He has no idea that this is my motive, but I want him to take it easy because he works so hard. Yeah, I'm quite a bit younger than him and I have a lot of working days ahead of me. However, it would make him very happy if he can enjoy a retirement in good health and he could putz around the house and yard on his own timeclock. It would make me happy to see him happy.

So, if you would, please leave a comment on the pictures I post. It will help me to expand my repertoire of jewelry making skills. Thank you for stopping by. Best wishes to all of you.

No comments: