Saturday, October 25, 2008

New Shiny Stuff

Well, I've been getting ready for another showing on November 8th. I am quite excited about it, as I am with all of my showings. To me, it seems like a lottery drawing. You never know who's going to buy what, if anything. I like the feedback I get of my work. I usually get a few custom orders from each showing, which is quite a compliment.

I have some marketing ideas I try, which actually gets a lot of looks and quite a few sales. I have a 2-tiered cookie tray which I use to set packs of earrings on. The top level is $3 earrings. The bottom level is $5 earrings. I use up all of my bits and pieces to make these. It helps empty out my compartments so I can buy new stuff. Woo hoo!!

This showing, I am asking people to bring a friend for a $5 discount on a $25 purchase. This will be given to the invitee and the friend. Hopefully, this will bring in more people to visit. It will also help someone who may feel awkward and who doesn't know anyone at the showing. Sometimes people ask me at the show if they could have brought a friend. Of course they could have! They should have! Bring the kids, too! I LOVE entertaining and having company. I guess making jewelry is a good thing for me to get into because I could have company and entertain at the same time!

Another thing I do is have an Open-House type of format. Most jewelry shows I have gone to try to pitch the company. Since I am the company, I don't have a pitch. I don't like having to be somewhere for a formal presentation. I like to get there and relax and take my time. Drop in! Sit a while! Browse a while! Talk a lot! Enjoy!

At the November 8th showing, I will also create interest for Christmas purchases. I have a few items which can be personalized and will have to be made-to-order. I'll set up a display so the items can be seen and touched. At least, this will put these items in the minds of the attendees. Perhaps they'll make an order later?! I'll see how this turns out. Wish me luck!

I need to get creative with setting up the tables. I need to figure out how to display all of the items to their best advantage. If I come up with something unique, I'll pass it on in a later post. I ALWAYS take pics after I set up my tables.

As for the New Shiny Stuff I received the other day, I've finally sorted and priced-out the items. It had taken about 1-1/2 hours to do so. I can hardly wait to use the new stuff for my showing! I also managed to get some paperwork done so I'll be up-to-date on just about everything I need to be updated on.

I haven't had time for taking individual pics of my jewelry to post. Sorry about that. I'll get to it soon.

Take care. Happy beading!

No comments: