Monday, October 20, 2008

Some Pics of My Jewelry


















Hello, all. I am going to try to add a few pictures of some of my favorite jewelry items. A lot of experimentation has gone into trying to take these pictures. Full indoor light and with flash, indirect outdoor light, filtered outdoor light. The filtered outdoor light seems to work the best. My setup is so high-tech it's embarrassing! I set up near the North-facing door. I put a clear plastic container on an end table near the door. It is about a 1-1/2 foot by 2 foot box. I put a background in it and put the jewelry on the background. I only have about an hour a day to do this, if I want to take pictures. This seems to have worked best. I'll try to include a picture of each way so you can see the difference. The top left is one glass beads wrapped in copper and set up in the filter box with indirect outdoor light. The top right one is of imitation hematite on a table with indirect light and a flash. This didn't turn out too bad, but it's a bit dark. The last one is of Czech crystals. The flash actually worked on this indoor photo on a display table. It's not as clear as I'd like, but it's not too bad. I need a lot of work and a lot of pointers on this. Any suggestions are helpful. What do you think about some of my early work? Take care, all.

No comments: