Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Stuff!

Yesterday I got a box of new stuff in the mail. I've been waiting for this for a few days. I'm glad to say, that my supplier is very good at getting things out in a very quick manner. I absolutely LOVE them (the supplier)! Anyhow, its shiny stuff and packaging. I don't have a pic yet, that should come later today or tomorrow. I ordered white boxes for general packing, gold and silver boxes and brocade pouches for the holidays, and black boxes for my 'signature' collection that I'll be showing in December...I ordered lots of pewter beads and jump rings in mixed bags...Loads of glass pearls and druks in assorted colors...some beads, headpins, etc. Now I'll have to find a place for them. Gee!

I mentioned my 'signature' collection. These are the very shiny, well-embellished and very unique pieces that I've been getting compliments on when I wear my samples to work. This includes wirework, chain maille and general beading but with my special twists to them. As soon as I get some of these pics taken, I'll post them, as well.

November 1st and 2nd is the day for the semi-annual bead show and sale in a nearby town. I planned to have an in-home viewing on the 1st so it looks like the 2nd is when I'll get to go drool over the new stuff. I still haven't used all of the beads from the last show I went to in May. But don't tell my hubby!

I played with wireworking last night. I have some really great failures to speak of. I go to the hardware store and get small spools of copper for practicing. It's not tarnish-proof, but at least I'll get to see what it looks like after it's tarnished and cleaned. I have a bunch of stuff on the corner of my work table that I look at. Some of the stuff is really cool and an inspiration to keep going. The rest is YUK! And it's the reason I keep going.

Stop back another time to see if I got the pics downloaded.
Take care and happy beading today and every day.

No comments: